* Specific yoga asanas (postures) to counteract anxiety and panic attacks.
* Breathing techniques to calm down and bring serenity.
* Mudras (hand positions) and special exercises to promote calmness and release negative energy.
* Simple meditation techniques to center and quiet the mind.
* The use of powerful and healing essential oils to promote relaxation, calm the mind, and release blockages, with information on how they work on our brain and body.
This will be a hands-on session consisting of theory and practice, which will teach easy and simple techniques that can be practiced at home, work or any time needed. You will learn the traditional inhalation of the oils (not application on the body), how to make a spray and simple home uses (such as baths, massage oils, simple diffusing techniques). Participants will experience the healing power of essential oils during the session, will make their own aromatherapy eye pillow, and will also be given essential oil samples to take home. The workshop will end with a deep relaxation session.
$30 includes all materials and oils. Space limited, advance sign up required.
At the Yoga Warehouse
508 SW Flagler Avenue
Downtown Fort Lauderdale, FL 33301
To register call 954.525.7726
More details http://www.yogawarehouse.org
Rukmini (Aira Guevara) is a Sivananda yoga teacher with a special interest in integrating the healing power of essential oils with the practice of Yoga to counteract stress, anxiety, insomnia, and depression. As a research journalist, and editor, she has dedicated over a decade to study and practice the effects and benefits of Aromatherapy, devising a synergistic method that she shares in workshops in the United States, and other countries, with remarkable healing results. She graduated as a Massage Therapist from Educating Hands School of Massage (Miami), and finished her studies as Aromatherapy Practitioner at the Escuela de Aromaterapia Espiritual Integral (Monterrey, Mexico). She is known for her caring, enthusiastic and humorous approach to teaching.